Sunday, September 20, 2009

Topic#2 Resource websites

I started last fall taking Photoshop, Illustrator and learning basic HTML. While I was learning alot at school I still needed to do research on the internet to be able to implement certain designs I had in mind. during the course of this past year I have added multiple sites to my favorites section from website design, Adobe tutorials, to creative websites where I could post my work and recieve critiques.

ArtSig and PhotoSig are interactive websites that allow you to post works at a rate equal to giving critiques, the more critiques you write the more points you score and the more works you may post.

Free webite Templates is a great place to go if you need a quick design for a webpage. There are literally hundreds of free websites to choose from AND they do not require a link to their website.

colourlovers is a great website to find off the wall colors and patterns. Again this is an interactive website that allows users to add patterns and colors.

Free digital photographs As a student you may use the free photographs for any school project. the photos are of medium web quality and are usually a decent size. Just remember if you use the photographs for any comercial work, you will need to adhere to their terms and conditions for usage.

World Wide Web Consortium If you really want to keep up with what is going on with web and how it is changing. W3C is dedicated to working with organizations and the public to create web standards. They also have a great free tutorial section

Free Java script is abundant on the internet, this is just one of the sites that I have looked through for some extra effects.

Here is another free javascript website

No comments:

Post a Comment